We are a leader in mobile technology, providing innovative solutions to 1.2 billion consumers. In an ever-increasing digital world we help businesses grow their digital reach & toolkits to optimize user experience, increase engagement, attract new customers and boost their revenues.
Think of performance marketing but on steroids as our top-notch marketeers and engineers build digital journeys through an omnichannel marketing approach like no other. Currently we work with the biggest names in Telco, Insurance, Education, FMCGs and Retail in over 45 countries in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and South-East Asia.
Upstream is looking for an enthusiastic Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support team in Athens, Greece.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be part of a very competent team responsible for monitoring the entire Upstream infrastructure (hardware, software, applications, etc.) that is utilized for the execution of the company’s revenue generating projects while ensuring total Production stability without any problems on a 24h/7 basis (3-shifts on rotation). You will be responsible for quickly detecting, resolving and/or escalating any issues that come up and affect the normal operation of our Production Infrastructure. You will provide support to internal users, by executing operational tasks, producing reports and troubleshooting, as well as external users, by handling customer requests. Finally, you will be part of the on-going process of automating tasks and procedures which will improve the way we work in order to keep up with all the new and cutting-edge technologies and arising needs.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Continuously monitor Upstream’s infrastructure (hardware, software, applications, etc.) following standard procedures and utilizing all available tools.
- Report, identify and investigate possible issues or problems with swift and accurate response on any errors reported by our systems.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of all incidents to the relevant second level support teams.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all incidents.
- Prepare accurate and timely standard reports and ensure the quality of the outcome.
- Complete all operational tasks and ad-hoc requests in a timely manner, ensuring the quality of the results.
- Provide technical support by properly handling and resolving customer requests.
- Review and provide feedback on documentation and procedures. Formulate new ideas to improve procedures. Utilize scripting skills in Python, bash or other programming language in order to automate day-to-day tasks.
The skills we require:
- University degree in Engineering / Computer Science or similar discipline
- Very good communication skills
- Very good knowledge in oral and written English
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux systems, utilities and scripting
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience in coding/ scripting and helpdesk support is a plus
You will be an excellent fit for our team if you are:
- Self-driven with ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution
- Reliable and dedicated with clear thinking and strong attention to detail
- Good at troubleshooting and problem solving
- Organized with a structured and methodical work style
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest news
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.