Open PhD-student positions in Advanced Communications and Distributed Computing at EURECOM (English Speaking Ivy-League School in the French
PhD-student positions available,
- For research in a variety of topics such as Wireless Communications, Information Theory, Edge Computing, Caching, Distributed computing, and distributed aspects of Machine learning.
- at EURECOM - Sophia Antipolis, France (ideally located in the heart of the French Riviera, inside the multi-cultural silicon valley of Europe).
(EURECOM is one of Europe's premium Graduate Schools in telecommunications. English is the official and only language of the
Positions are offered within the framework of the ERC Consolidator Grant
To apply, please email complete CV to Petros Elia: petros.elia[at]eurecom.fr (http://www.eurecom.fr/~elia/) Please indicate "DUALITY position” in the e-mail subject line.
Deadline for applications: March 2019.
Expected Qualifications: Applicants for a PhD position (3 years) must have an MSc or equivalent with a good mathematical background.
- Very competitive salary and strong social benefits.
- Funding supports joint collaboration and travel to top universities in the US and Europe.
- Frontier research: "European Research Council (ERC) grants support frontier research. The ERC encourages in particular proposals that cross disciplinary boundaries, pioneering ideas that address new and emerging fields and applications that introduce unconventional, innovative approaches."
EURECOM is an English-speaking school that enjoys a special status within the group of French Ivy League schools, or “Grandes Ecoles” as it is the only engineering school in France with a full English language curriculum. Besides teaching at the MSc and PhD levels, EURECOM’s activities mainly revolve around research in the domains of networking, computer security, data-science and mobile communications. It has some150 employees, including 125 scientists.